really? I got my doll in 1999 and on the neck it says "Pleasant Company".
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kit was introduced in 2000, right? Does anyone know if Pleasant Company was starting up on creating her, and then Mattel just finished up? Was Kit a PC concoction? Or solely Mattel? From what I understand, 2 years sounds a bit short for a historical doll, isn't it more like 3ish?attel bought Pleasant Company in 1998. Kit was the first historical doll introduced after Mattel bought the company.
really? I got my doll in 1999 and on the neck it says "Pleasant Company".
I think all of the historical dolls are stamped "Pleasant Company" on the neck even if they were made by Mattel. My Elizabeth has Pleasant Company stamped on her neck and Pleasant Company definitely didn't make her. I don't think Mattel ever changed the stamp on the back of the dolls heads.
Ok, thanks for clarifing that. When did they change Felicity's hair to that dark coppery color? Cause mine's has the old auburn hair.
Sorry for asking all these questions.
I think that also happened when Mattel took over.
Make that ALL dolls, not just the historicals. Marisol, my 2000 AGT 7, and my new AGT 24 ALL say "Pleasant Company" on the backs of their heads.
What year did Mattel acquire Pleasant Company? Was it before or after they introduced Kit? Thank you!
Mattel bought Pleasant Company in 1998. Kit was the first historical doll introduced after Mattel bought the company.
That's weird, because the Josefina doll I got back in June says American Girl on the back of her neck, but my Kit (2001) and my Asian AGT (2003) dolls both have Pleasant Company on their necks.
Bookmarks